ESAI is pleased to announce that the abstract submission has now opened for the 41st ESAI Conference. The deadline for submission of abstracts is 8th February 2016.
Types of submission accepted include the following:
- Individual Research Paper (single or co-authored)
- Early Career Researcher Paper (single or co-authored)
- Innovation Session (panel session, workshop, open session etc but not a symposia)
Last year our annual conference was held at Maynooth University and Carton House in 2015, and this year we return to Galway. We last held the conference in Galway in 2008, and it’s timely to return, as Galway was the location of the first meeting of ESAI educational researchers in 1976. Galway is the perfect location to celebrate 40 years since the establishment of ESAI given it’s shared history with ESAI, and vibrant cultural atmosphere to boot! Galway city centre is easy to explore, and the conference hotel is within walking distance of the train station, located on Lough Atalia Road just a three minute walk from Eyre Square. A bus will be provided to transfer conference delegates from the Raddison Blu Hotel to the opening proceedings on Thursday evening 31st March at the National University of Ireland, Galway, and return.
Please read carefully the abstract submission section as there has been further changes to the submission form from previous years.
This year we will accept ‘innovation sessions’. These sessions give you the opportunity for doing things differently, in particular sessions that allow researchers to present emerging research findings, and sessions that create more opportunity for audience participation.
|Type of submission||Maximum number of words in submission (references are not compulsory but must be included in the word count if you choose to include them)|
|Symposia||650-800 words (depending on the number of papers)|
|Innovation Session||400 word abstract + up to 400 words in further detail about the innovation if new to ESAI|
|Early Career Researcher Papers
(single author or co-author)
|Individual Research Papers (single author or co-author)||300 words|
Important points for submitting an abstract:
- You should hold a current membership ESAI in order to submit an abstract of any type. If you have any queries about this, please contact email@example.com or see our membership page.
- To submit an abstract please complete the submission form for the type of abstract that you wish to submit, which includes Innovation Sessions, Early Career Researcher Papers, Individual Research Papers, or ‘Symposium Submission’.
>> For more information on the different submission types, and to access the submission forms, please click here. <<
We look forward to receiving your abstract and you being part of the ESAI Conference 2016. The conference represents a great opportunity to share your research and knowledge with fellow colleagues at the largest conference of researchers in Ireland to focus on educational research.
We hope to see you at ESAI 2016 in Galway.