Call for Proposals 2023 – now closed
All abstracts should be submitted via our online abstract submission system.
The system will close on Friday, 6 January 2023. Please note information about (1) Structure of Abstracts, (2) Presentation Formats, and (3) Abstract Review, when preparing your abstract.
(1) Structure of Abstracts
Abstracts should make reference to:
(b) research aim/objectives
(c) methods and data sources, or equivalent for theoretical/conceptual papers
(d) key findings/takeaway points
Abstracts must be between 200 and 400 words in length
(2) Presentation Formats
- Paper: Individual papers will be timed for 20 minutes (15 minutes presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A).
- Poster Presentation: Posters will be exhibited during the conference and presentation time will be scheduled in the conference programme. The topic should lend itself to presentation in poster format. Final poster versions should be A0 (118.9 cm x 84.1 cm).
- Virtual Poster Presentation: Posters may also be submitted as interactive PDFs. These will be available for viewing online during the period of the conference and for two weeks afterwards.
- Concise On-Demand Paper: Concise papers will be pre-recorded papers timed for 5-7minutes. They will be recorded and submitted in .mp4 format and will be available online on-demand during the period of the conference and for two weeks afterwards.
- Symposium: Symposia will typically contain 3 papers based around a central theme and will be timed for 60 minutes. This should include at least 10 minutes for discussion after the papers have been presented. To submit a symposium proposal, please use the form at this link to enter the title, author details, and the symposium abstract, then upload the Symposium Proposal form using the online abstract submission system.
- Early Career Researcher: ECR papers will be timed for 15 minutes: 10 minutes presentation plus 5 minutes feedback from an experienced mentor, plus a brief open discussion at the end of the session. The ECR strand is intended for current research students or those who have recently completed a research degree.
(3) Abstract Review
All abstracts will be double-blind reviewed (reviewers of abstracts won’t see the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won’t see the identity of reviewers).
(4) Closing Date for Submissions
The closing date for proposal submissions is 6 January, 2023 at 5pm.
(5) Conference Registration
ESAI Conference 2023 will be an in-person conference. Registration for ESAI Conference 2023 will be available soon.